Monday, March 29, 2010

STS9 Gettin their Due!

There's a band based here in Santa Cruz that goes by the name of Sound Tribe Sector 9. (STS9)
I happened to meet these guys the 1st week I moved out here years ago. Just so happened their rehearsal space was located on the property I was staying on back then.

As time has passed I've been fortunate to witness the drive, diligence and focus they've poured into their art/careers. The results of which has earned them respect all over the globe. So much so, that when Jay-Z was struggling to sell out a bill in Denver, they were asked to join the show in hopes of them throwing 'their weight' on ticket sales.
They're 1st wave of 900 tickets sold in 45 minutes. How ridiculous is that? I couldn't sell 900 tickets in 45 days!! :) They'd eventually proceed to sell out the show. And do so in a fashion that raised the eyebrows of the man himself Jay-Z.

That being said, he stopped by and shared a moment with the fellas. Accompanied by the goddess herself, Beyonce I can only imagine how star struck they must have been.

One of the few quotes that's stuck with me throughout time is, "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity." That could never be truer in this case. Congrats to STS9 for putting in the endless hours and putting out the endless energy that you do.

Buddha Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment